The Paper Players email with this week’s sketch arrived at the perfect time for inspiration for a birthday card I needed today. I hadn’t meant to wait til the last minute to make this one, but last week completely got away with me, and I was down to the wire, knowing I had to jump outta bed and get something started ASAP. Since I already knew the papers and stamp set I wanted to use, the sketch “clicked” immediately when I saw it, and I happily managed to make a card in a very short time (very unusual for me), and it did end up CAS, per The Players specs (even more unusual for me). I think it was the multiple layers of the sketch that did the trick, because everything fit together perfectly for this explosion of balloon-ness.
This card is all about the balloons, and ultimately all about the paper–lots of layers of card and designer series paper, with the only embellishment being a braided line of thick baker’s twine atop a base of simple white ribbon. I think this will be well-received by the tween-ager it’s intended for.
Here’s what I used (all Stampin’ Up!):
- Stamps: Balloon Celebration
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Bermuda Bay
- Paper: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White Cardstock; Cherry on Top DSP
- Embellishments: Thick Baker’s Twine in Whisper White, Pool Party, and Strawberry Slush (retired); Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
- Tools: Balloon Bouquet; 2″ Circle Punches
–Thanks for visiting my Little Corner today!