I’ve got a lot of birthdays to help celebrate in March (four of them fall on the same day!) so I needed some mojo to get through the card-making crush this year, because I never seem to have enough time or energy, since this also happens to be the beginning of the vicious allergy-season for me. Leaning over to do anything–even something I love as much as cardmaking– with a sinus headache is NOT fun, nor does it make the creative process move very quickly! Enter Mojo Monday‘s sketch this week to help me out, both with design inspiration and a “wow, that was quick” boost, too. I wanted to showcase some very bright and happy birthday paper and this sketch provided a great way to go.
This card practically made itself (quick and easy is NOT my normal style, so it was a nice change of pace for me). And that designer series paper with that “seize the cake” sentiment really, um…..took the cake! (with zero calories!) Carpe Crustum, y’all! ♥
Here’s what I used (all Stampin’ Up!):
- Stamps: Something to Say; Celebrate Today
- Ink: Watermelon Wonder; Soft Suede
- Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Island Indigo Card Stocks; Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack
- Embellishments: Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine
- Tools: Balloon Framelits; Circles Collection Framelits
–Thanks for visiting my Little Corner today!