This fabulous sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! is my inspiration for today’s card. This is one of those sketches that I’ll save and revisit a bunch of times. I’ve already cut the pieces for about 10 more cards in various papers, to be made up when I have more time to fiddle with how I want to finish them off.
This card, however, was for one of my closest friends. Our group of seven friends have been together for forty-plus years now…and we’ve called ourselves “the Daisies” for about half that time. (DAISY is an acronym for a now-long-forgotten description of us that we came up with when we were all still young enough to NOT be eligible for the Red Hat Society, but liked the concept of having our own group moniker. Ah, those were the days–young, brash, and just plain silly! 😉 ) Anyway, so when SU offered their Delightful Daisy suite this year, it was naturally first on my list. Between the beautiful paper prints….and the stamp set….and the PUNCH!….I’m in daisy heaven, which is definitely a delightful place to be!
Here’s what I used (all Stampin’ UP!):
- Stamps: Daisy Delight; Big on Birthdays (retired)
- Ink: Calypso Coral; Daffodit Delight; Tranquil Tide; Pool Party
- Paper: Delightful Daisy DSP; Wood Textures DSP Stack (to make the “lattice”); Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, and Whisper White Cardstocks
- Tools: Daisy Punch; Layering Ovals and Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies
- Embellishments: Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon; Pool Party Seam Binding (retired); Pearl Basic Jewels
–Thanks for visiting my Little Corner today!