And some heartfelt congratulations, they are! I pulled together bits and pieces from lots of places to create this one, and used the great sketch at Crazy 4 Challenges as my starting point. The sketch was a perfect fit for all the tidbits and pretty dsp I wanted to use. The shapes in the sketch also allowed me to feature a whole bunch of diecut pieces. layered atop the background’s basic rectangles ….and to use my currently favorite tool, the Curvy Corner Trio Punch, on the borders. (I’ve never actually worn out a punch before, but I may discover it’s possible with this guy!)
My card is actually a “milestone” anniversary card for the recipient couple, so I added a bit more die-cutting and the appropriate sentiment inside. The leaves and flowers from the Rose Garden bundle were the perfect light and airy touch here. And the “kindred spirits” sentiment I added — when I first saw it, I felt like it was created with these two in mind, so I’ve been waiting impatiently to get it on a card for them!
Lots of layers and lots of love went into this one.
Here’s what I used (all Stampin’ Up!):
- Stamps: First Sight; Sky is the Limit (limited time Sale-a-bration); Layered Labels and Express Yourself (retired)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Crisp Cantaloupe (retired)
- Paper: Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green Cardstock; Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack; Gold Metallic Foil Doily; and banner pieces at the front sentiment are from the January 2015 Paper Pumpkin.
- Accents: Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit.
- Tools: Curvy Corner Trio Punch; Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack; Rose Garden Thinlits; Ovals Collection Framelits; and the retired Apothecary Accents and Secret Garden Framelits.
–Thanks for visiting my Little Corner today!