Whew! Didn’t know if I’d make it in, in time for this Pals Paper Arts Challenge. I really loved the colors for PPA238, though, so I had to do my best to play along. (I’ll regret this when it’s time to get up for the day job here in just a few hours, but glad I completed my mission!) With Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, and Rose Red, I knew I wanted some hearts, knew I wanted to use some stitching on my card, and knew I wanted to play with my new PP Blendies I received this week. Other than that, the card kind of shaped itself as I went along.
I used Watercolor paper as my base to play with my inks. I don’t pretend to be any kind of artist, but I really do love playing with colors, and getting the new blendies in the softer colors for Spring is exciting. I worked in the PP Blendies first, then water-washed in varying intensities of the Rose Red (using my finally-purchased Regals refills–how did I live without these before?). I stamped in some Basic Gray with various pieces of a couple of sets. I wanted to give my card both a vintage, “well-loved” feel, but also with a bright “bling” to it. This card is earmarked for a sweet great-niece who likes this kind of style…and who really does brighten my day. I hope this card will brighten hers!
Here’s what I used:
- Stamps: You Brighten My Day; Gorgeous Grunge, Butterfly Basics
- Inks: Memento Black, Basic Gray, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette Blendabilities
- Paper: Basic Gray Cardstock; Watercolor paper; a salvaged sheet of DSP in a Pink Pirouette pattern from a really old SU batch
- Tools: Hearts a-Flutter Framelits, Sweetheart Punch; Occasions Paper Piercing Pack
- Embellishments: Whisper White Bakers’ Twine, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (from a Paper Pumpkin kit); Silver 1/8″ Ribbon; 952,000 Rhinestone Basics Jewels (well, that’s a bit of an exaggeration–sure felt like it, though)
–Thanks for visiting my Little Corner today!